1/13/2010

Alpha Course

A cousin of mine invited me to join him and his wife in the Alpha course. My wife has volleyball on Wednesday nights, so I decided to go. Mainly for kicks and giggles. Tonight's the first night, and depending on how it goes and if I decide to go again, I might write some more about it. My younger brother firmly told me to keep my mouth shut and not to be a shit disturber. With that in mind I'll take my moleskin, try to be quiet, and listen.
On a not incompletely unrelated topic, I just found this website. http://www.philosophyofreligion.info/. I am curious who is behind it, if it was a university or just some random person?
Cheers,
Scott
PS - Just because I like to have pictures in entries, here's a random Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal.


2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, I'm jealous. I've always wanted to be invited to an Alpha course.

    But what's with the "don't be a shit disturber"? I thought the whole POINT of the alpha course was discussion, debate and interest.

    That's sounds like Church, but without the ability to hide in the pew and read the naughty bits of the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should come out to Edmonton, we could go together:)

    Well, I mainly don't want to engage in needless conflict. Sometimes it's fun to just observe and take notes. As it is said, "Science is observation." (Avatar is now scripture.)

    ReplyDelete